It comes down to personal preference. Bamboo sheets (like Hotel Sheets Direct’s) are an extremely soft, lightweight, and durable fabric that is naturally breathable, moisture-absorbing, and hypoallergenic.Cotton sheets on the other hand, are popular for their affordability, crisp and smooth texture, and long life-span even after many washes and uses.
Bamboo Bedding FAQs
Are bamboo sheets better than cotton?
How to wash bamboo sheets?
- Always wash your bamboo bedding in cold water and on a gentle cycle.
- It is important to wash them separately from every other clothing because zippers and hooks can tear the bamboo fabric.
- Avoid washing them with towels or blankets to stay lint-free.
- Use a mild, liquid, biodegradable detergent. If you prefer powdered detergent, make sure it has fully dissolved before adding your bamboo sheets to the wash.
- Fabric softener is not necessary with bamboo sheets as they are naturally soft.
- If possible, air dry your bamboo sheets on a clothesline to preserve fibers, colors and elasticity.
- If you have to use a dryer, choose a low heat and a low tumble cycle.
- As soon as the dryer finishes, avoid wrinkles by immediately taking them out of the dryer.
How to get crisp sheets like hotels?
If you want perfectly smooth sheets like the ones you find in hotels, avoid trying to cram all of your bed sheets into your washing machine. Sheets need space to circulate so they get cleaned properly. Take them out of the dryer while they are still damp and then iron them with a hot iron. When washed and dried properly, bamboo duvet cover sets are perfect for having crisp sheets like hotels.
What are bamboo sheets?
Bamboo sheets are bed sheets produced primarily with organic bamboo. There are many benefits associated with bamboo bed sheets such as:
- Naturally hypoallergenic
- Naturally antibacterial
- Soft and lightweight
- Moisture absorbing
- Breathable and cool
Do bamboo sheets keep you cool?
Yes, bamboo is a very breathable fabric. In most cases, you'll find that bamboo sheets keep you cooler throughout the night when compared to cotton. It's breathable enough to allow your body heat to easily escape while you are sleeping. Bamboo pillow cases are a good way to stay cool while sleeping during the warmer months of the year.
Advantages of bamboo sheets vs cotton:
- Eco-friendly: Bamboo sheets are sustainably made, meaning producing them to meet our needs is not harmful to the environment. Production does not deplete natural resources and supports long-term ecological balance.
- Durability: With proper care bamboo sheets are extremely durable. They also hold dye coloring better than cotton over time. Cotton tends to become softer and fade as the years go bye.
- Breathability: Bamboo sheets are considered naturally more breathable when compared to cotton. Leaving you cooler on the hot summer nights and warmer in the winter.
- Naturally Hypoallergenic: Bamboo sheets are less likely to trigger allergic reactions because they’re made of materials that naturally repel dust mites, mildew, and mold spores.
- Naturally antibacterial: Help slow and stop the spread of germs and bacteria that spread infections and bacterial borne skin problems.
What size sheets do I need?
Please reference our size chart when making your selection.
Should I wash bamboo sheets before first use?
Yes, washing them before the first use helps to remove any chemical residues that may be present during the manufacturing process.
Can you use fabric softener on bamboo sheets?
It’s not recommended. Most fabric softeners contain chemicals that could break down the composition of the fabric and damage the sheets. Although there are gentle ones, bamboo sheets are already extra soft and smooth and will maintain that even after a wash, making fabric softeners unnecessary.
Can you bleach bamboo sheets?
No, you shouldn't. Bleach is loaded with harsh chemicals that will quickly damage the delicate bamboo fabric. It will also leave your sheets feeling crunchy and itchy.
Do bamboo sheets shrink?
Yes, excess heat during machine-drying or excessive ironing can cause shrinkage.